Date(s) - Sat, Oct 12, 2019 to Sun, Oct 13, 2019
Last reminder, also a few addition items based on some questions that have been asked:
1. Kumite and Kata Clinics (Saturday) – open to ages 9 and above
2. Kumite and Kata Clinics (Saturday) – For dual event athletes, you likely will have to choose which morning/afternoon session you wish to attend, as they are running at the same time.
3. Tournament Divisions (Sunday) – There will be U10 Kata, register as per normal.
4. Tournament Divisions (Sunday) – For those athletes in Elite divisions who will be competing at Nationals in multiple events (i.e 2 kumite divisions) based on your age, you are permitted to register for both at Atlantics.
5. Tournament Divisions (Sunday) – Head gear is required for all kumite divisions 13 and under. The exception is the Elite Division for those trying out for Provincial teams.
Tournament General Information, Date & Location
The tournament will be held from October 12-13 at the Delta Hotel, at 18 Queen St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4A1. There will be optional clinics on Saturday for athletes, coaches, and officials. The tournament itself will take place on Sunday, October 13.
At the hotel, the ballroom will be used for the main tournament area, with three rings. There will be two designated change rooms, one hospitality room, and one room for officials. If interested there is parking available at the Delta, though the hourly rate is $3/h, or $18.50 plus taxes for the whole day/night.
Clinics (Saturday, October 12)
We are happy to announce the following guest facilitators:
The officials’ clinic will be facilitated by Babak Sotoudeh.
- The cost to take the 1-Day course is $100 plus $50 to test for national certification or for those looking to renew.
- Karate PEI plans on using the new Kata scoring system at the tournament so it is an ideal opportunity to go over concerns or questions with Babak and get experience using the new rules prior to the nationals next year.
The kumite clinic with be facilitated by Germain Bisson.
The kata clinic will be facilitated by Romain Losier.
- Sunday the 13th, see above Information package for details.
- Note: There will not be a canteen on-site as the Hotel will not permit this. There will be a buffet hosted by the hotel but if you want water or snacks please bring them in with you.
The Delta (18 Queen St, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4A1) is offering a discount rate of $134 a night (this does not include taxes or other fees) for 2 standard queen-sized beds. This rate will be available for the dates of October 8-16th. To book at this rate, reservations must be made not later than Tuesday, October 8th. To book a room at this rate, you can call the reservation desk and ask for the “Atlantic Karate Championships” rate, or clinking on the following link: Atlantic Karate Championships Hotel Rate Link.
Cribs and rollaway beds are also available for some rooms.
There are also several other hotels, motels, and inns in the area, all within walking distance of The Delta, as well as Airbnb options.